[Gpdd] Misc...Kathy S. and Speedy

jimmarg.lynn at juno.com jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Sat Sep 11 09:28:14 EDT 2004

Hi Kathy S.,

In answer to your question about my sick little Speedy.......yes, he is
the same  piggie who tried to remove the end of my thumb about a year
ago.  As you may recall, ever since I had him neutered he had problems
with impaction.  About every day or two I would have to clean him out
which is NOT a pleasant job for me or Speedy.  On this one particular
time as I was cleaning him I noticed some white material on his penis and
as I was trying to clean this off he reached down and clamped........I
MEAN REALLY, REALLY CLAMPED DOWN......on the end of my thumb.  I couldn't
get him to let go.  With blood streaming out from my thumb I held Speedy
over his cage for what seemed like a long time (I am sure it was only
10-15 seconds but it seemed much longer at the time) and finally he let
go and dropped into his cage.  By this time he was covered with my blood
so he looked much worse off than I did.  Even though I was miffed at
Speedy for a day or two we became buddies again.

Anyway, Speedy is still with me but not in good health at all.  I fuss
over him each day knowing it could be his last.

Jim.........Sassy Suzy, Speedy, and Ginger