[Gpdd] HEALTH: Lexi and constipation

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sat Sep 11 20:53:36 EDT 2004

Mia, you are right that a whole dropper of mineral oil would be too much
for Lexi.  When our Buttercup (RIP) was constipated, we only gave her about
0.3 ml. of heavy mineral oil.  If your dropper doesn't have measurements on
it, that translates to only about a fifth of the dropper.

Peter Gurney talks about dosages on his webpage, but unfortunately I don't
have the address.  If you find his page, heavy mineral oil is called
"liquid paraffin."

It could take up to 12 hours to see results after you give Lexi the mineral
oil, so don't despair if she doesn't poop quickly.

HTH.  Our best wishes to Lexi.

Cindy, Joey G., and the two new rescue piggies