[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: introducing myself

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Sun Sep 12 22:29:26 EDT 2004

I haven't been active on the list in a long, long time (until a couple of
days ago), so I thought I should introduce myself.  Some of you might
remember me as "Cindy and Calliope."  If so, you might remember Calliope's
tragic passing <sniff>.

Since our Calliope's passing, we have also lost Buttercup, who was 6 1/2 to
7 years old (when we adopted her, the Humane Society only knew that she was
a "four-year-old female") and, most recently, Remie.  Remie's name was
short for "Reminisce" because he reminded us so much of Calliope.  He was
only about 1 1/2 years old but sadly had developed metastatic
mineralization, which is incurable, before he came to live with us.

Remie and our other piggie, Joey G., were big buddies, and when Remie
passed away, we knew Joey needed a friend.  (Joey is about three and also
came from the Humane Society.  He had been abandoned and had no hair when
he was found.  He's now a very full-haired Texel.)

Two weeks ago, thanks to Judi and Virginia, Joey was joined by two piggies
from the Maryland rescue.  The new piggies are a creamed-colored crested
boy and a wild-haired boy who looks like an Aby/Peruvian mix.  We've named
the crested piggie Sunshine and the wild-haired piggie Tumbleweed.  They
have settled in very well.  In fact Sunshine seemed to feel at home
immediately.  Tumbleweed is a bit more shy, but he greets me whenever I
walk into the room.  They both love laptime, either together or apart, and
they love digging into a pile of hay.

Today they met Joey for the first time, at a neutral spot, and everypig got
along.  There was much popcorning, and Sunshine even fell asleep!

Well, enough for now.  Best wishes to all piggies and their humans.

Cindy, Joey G., Sunshine, and Tumbleweed