[Gpdd] [MISC] Importing guinea pigs from France to Britain

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 10:06:46 EDT 2004

My daughter has just moved back to Basingstoke in the UK from France, leaving
her two male guinea pigs here with me. Understandably, she is missing them,
and I have tried to find out from the Web whether they can go to Britain
without having to undergo the prohibitive 6 months quarantine period. I see details
for ferrets on the DEFRA site, but only a vague allusion to guinea pigs. Does
anyone have experience of this? It looks as though the GP's have to be tatooed
or microchipped, and vaccinated against rabies - has anyone ever had such
things done to their guinea pigs? My vet is NOT guinea pig savvy.