[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: Lexi understands

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 15:37:24 EDT 2004

Dear Theresa,
Please accept my deepest and most sincere regrets on the loss of your LEXI,
I'm sure she is looking down from the bridge and trying to tell you that you
did what you thought was the best for her. That there was NO WAY of knowing what
a callous and cold vet you had because it is all too common in many offices.
I know how you felt with the vet because as you might know our George had to
go to the animal hospital not too long ago and the vet there simply said to us
you "you have a very sick piggy here and he may die. (that's a PERIOD). I
could have killed him for his cold and callous manner of speaking to us about this
little guy we LOVE TO TEARS. But George regardless made it that time and a
second time as well. As for the loss you feel, well I cannot say I have had that
unbearable pain you are suffering for the loss of LEXI, I fear it will be all
too soon I will and dread it with all my heart. YOUR LEXI knew there was
nothing you could do, they KNOW these things just as your little Ava KNEW she
needed to help you and to let you know your tears were OK and that between you,
the pain can be shared. To have her taste your tear is we HER way of taking some
of the pain from your heart. As you said she never let you pick her up so
easily. We humans lack what our little guys have so naturally, the ability to
feel from just a touch, a kaleidoscope of feelings ranging from happiness and joy
to the ultimate sadness and pain which you feed in LEXI's crossing the
bridge. So please do not blame yourself for the choice of vets. So often we do not
know what to expect from these vets we choose when an emergency occurs. I would
be sure to let ALL that read this just who he is. Because to allow ONE more
guinea pig to cross this practice would be one more than he should EVER BE
ALLOWED TO SEE. But that will not ease your pain and it will not bring your
wonderful LEXI back, and for that I too have shed a tear since some "paw prints"
reach a LOT further that ONE heart.

I also apologize for my being a bit less than timely in ending my condolences
to Dawnda on the loss of her little girl, the COUNTESS NEBULA who also
crossed the bridge. I can only hope and pray that her trip was easy and was without
suffering. She will be greeted there with all the fanfare that she was use to
in our world and will speak of the love she knew from her parents and how she
will wait for them no matter how long and when they cross the bridge SHE will
be there to greet them and with a regal welcome only she could bestow.

Once again please accept my condolences and excuse my tardiness just KNOW
that every little guy/girl that crosses the Bridge walks through my heart.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy