[Gpdd] Silly: Re: My GP and Husband

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 08:03:43 EDT 2004

Hey Shelly!
Ha ha ha! Your post made me Laugh so hard.
Because it reminded me of my Hubby (Blaine)
and me. I'm the same way: when I get home,
the first thing I do is look for Brownie Bear
and I'll start calling her. She likes to play
hide 'n seek, so I usually have to crawl
around the floor looking for her. And Blaine
will sometimes just stand there waiting for
some acknowledgement, and I'll forget he's
there (Oops!).

It also takes us FOREVER to get out of the
apartment when we're going somewhere. Because
I just can't stop Loving all over the Bear.
Plus, I have to make sure her cage and free-range
areas are poop-free, syringe her a little water,
check her food bowl, check her water bottle, etc.
etc. etc. (Did I ever mention that I'm a bit
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)??? ha ha
And before we leave, I Always give her some
red or green leaf lettuce, so that she's munching
away when we leave. That way, she doesn't notice
us leaving. :-)

Blaine is constantly making Fun of me because
I'm a Total GERM-a-PHOBE, but when it comes to
Brownie Bear--she's the Cleanest little thing in
the World! Sometimes, if I smell an unpleasant
smell, I'll pick up the Bear and smell her butt.
Heck, I even Kiss it! And I'll say to her, "Did
Brownie Bear let out a Big FART?" And there's
my Hubby, looking at me like I'm totally Disgusting.
ha ha

Well, between us Slaves, I'm almost 99% positive
that Blaine is letting me get Brownie Bear a friend
because he knows that if I'm not worrying about
BBear being alone, then I would probably pay more
attention to him. Hubby thinks I'm not onto his
Master Plan...but I'm ONTO HIM!!! ha ha

       Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
          Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

I think my husband is jealous of my adorable Guinea
Pig, Reba. Let me think why? When I come home from
work the first thing I do is say hello to Reba and
pick her up to lay her on my neck while my hubby Josh
is staring at me. When it's time to go somewhere I
always spend a little time to say good-bye to Reba
when Josh is in a hurry to go. When he wants to give
me a kiss and turns me around it never fells that I
have Reba in my arms staring at Josh like, "This is
my time." Since Reba's cage is right by the dinner
table it seems like I am paying more attention to Reba
and talking to her more during dinner than poor Josh.
When Josh tells me, "put that rodent down for a
while," I tell him, "you should tell Reba you are
sorry for calling her a rodent."

When it's time to finally put Reba down and spend a
little time with the hubby he thinks it's gross that
I had Reba all over my neck and I have been kissing
her all day, I tell Josh, "you kiss our dogs all the
time and I think they are worse since they like to
lick their butts all the time."  LOL!

Shelly Atkinson