[Gpdd] misc: SC flea market rescue update

Erin Lisa Butler-Simmons veeweemama at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 21:33:34 EDT 2004

Hello fellow slaves!
Many of you may remember the saga of Scabbers, Sunstroke, and Spirit that I rescued on June 2 while visiting my daughter in SC. Spirit, the bravest, most special piggy to ever live, passed away 2 weeks after saving her from that evil dealer.
However, Scabbers and Sunstroke are doing FANTASIC!!
Scabbers was so ugly and pitiful when I first brought him home. He had scabs all over his body, very little hair, which was dull and matted, and no personality. Now, he has turned into a GORGEOUS Long haired Peruvian with shiny, silky, glorious hair. He has a Black face, with a stunning white fountain of a mushroom cascading from the top of his head. The rest of his body is calico with a coat to die for. Two different people have seen him and asked me if he was a Yorkshire Terrier puppy!!! He is so lovable, loves to snuggle, and now has a cagemate, named Beaner. (YAAAAY!) I was so worried about him being alone, I successfully paired him with a piggy that I already owned that was living in a cage with 2 other boars. The other two (Ike and Oreo) seemed to pick on poor Beaner (who is quite an ugly, plain little piggy, very timid). However, when I paired Beaner with Scabbers, Beaner's personality really blossomed!! He now popcorns all over the place and snuggles with Scabbers (even
 though Scabbers tries to mount him from time to tim!) They get along fabulously!!!! I am so happy.
Sunstroke is also doing great after fighting off a MAJOR fungal infection. I had to keep her away from the other piggies, and she really grieved BIG time when Spirit passed away. She is looking gorgeous now with a full white coat and Ruby eyes. I hope to find her a cagemate soon, but in the meantime am giving her lots of attention.
Thanks to all of you who supported me in rescuing the three little pigs, and the wonderful words of love and sympathy I received when Spirit passed away. I have never met any of you, but I feel like you are my family.
Love and warm wheeks to you all!
Erin of Chattanooga