[Gpdd] HEALTH - Fur coming out with no reason

Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com Georgina.Wien at wintershall.com
Thu Sep 16 07:19:59 EDT 2004

Hello fellow slaves!
I need your help on this one. Last sunday on the health check up I noticed
Nokias fur on her rear end wasn´t quite as it should. I could pull it out
in tuffs. As I remembered the last fur/skin problem (the vet gave the
piggie a shave, in order to get rid of as many parasites as possible) I
pulled out all loose hair, unfortunately this came down to quite a big bold
place about 7 x 5 cm perharps. Anyhow the skin looked normal and there were
no scratching marks. The next day, I took her to the vet, and she took a
skin scraping and test for fungal infestation. Both of the tests didn´t
reveal any result. Anyhow she got an ivomec shot and treatment for fungal
infestation. Perhaps somebody out there knows what caused this sudden hair
loss?
Thanks a lot and kind regards
Georgina