[Gpdd] [care] 'New' Person and Piggie...

Vea cloakedamythest at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 13:01:27 EDT 2004

Hi, all. Marg here. Three weeks ago, I got Nero, my
mostly golden agouti from a friend-of-a-friend, who
got dumped with five piggies when HER friend moved out
of the country, two of which were expecting. Nero is
one of the babies. Before getting the l'il guy, I did
a lot of research on guineas to convince the parents,
so I've been lurking here for about a month.

Anyways. On to my question: Do guinea pigs chew their
cud? Nero occasionally chews when I'm holding him on
my lap and I havn't fed him anything. Is this a way of
saying 'more food please'?(He's a quiet piggie. Hardly
wheeeks at all...) Is it like teeth chattering, only
less so? Are his teeth un-even? Or is this a sign of
him plotting world domination? He's already thwarted
my plan to change the poopiest parts of the cage(he
mooved his pooping spot)...

~Marg & Nero

=====
Sneebs! -The Wee Free Men