[Gpdd] [MISC] Babies and buddies!

judith sharamitaro shim1990 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 18:35:16 EDT 2004

Hi gang ~ Porky is insisting I keep up with posting for her.  She hates it when I slack off!!
Robert, as for separating your two females ~ I got Petunia when she was very pregnant.  I was worried that Porky would bother the babies or Petunia herself, since Porky is not the most social of pigs.  Well, after taking the advice of many an experienced slave, I carefully monitored the situation and prepared to separate the two girls if need be.  To my delight Porky turned out to be the world's best nanny!  She was kind to Petunia's babies (all five of them) and even let them take her food!  (The true test for Porky Pig)  It was great to watch her fuss over them and lick them and cuddle.  Porky never had babies, so it was her natural instinct.   I would just keep a close eye on your girls and separate only if necessary.  As for food, I just kept Petunia stocked up with fresh veggies, timothy hay, and good quality pellets.
Porky (being an Old Maid as I've established)  is chomping at the bit to hear about Brownie Bear and her new friend!  Truth be told, Porky lives vicariously through Brownie Bear!
On a sad note, I did want to tell everyone about the loss of my special little friend, Harry, on Sept 2.  Harry was a dapper little piggie who sported a coat resembling a tweed jacket.  He was the much beloved piggie of the math/science teacher at the school I work in.  Whenever I was having a stressed  day, it was up the stairs for some Harry time, which soon put me right.  Harry was legendary at the school, and very well cared for, living to the ripe old age of 7.  (The staff and students kept his private fridge stocked with goodies!)  His dad gave me the sad news at the first staff meeting of the new school year, and I was truly aware that a dear friend had passed.  So, here's to you, Harry!  May you pop in fields of clover til we meet again!