[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: beans

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Mon Sep 20 22:02:00 EDT 2004

Hi all,

My piggers get 'beans' and bedding in their food dish.  As they romp around
their cage they kick up the bedding and poos and that is how it gets in the
food bowl.

For a long time I have been hearing a strange noise from Tacoma's side of
the cage.  It sounded like he was biting loudly on his plastic house, but I
never saw any signs of munched places.  I finally saw what he was doing to
make the noise!  He is a Teddy boar used for stud by a breeder friend so he
wears an identifying earring in his ear.  (A very hip pig!)  When he shakes
his head the earring would hit the side of his house repeatedly and make the
noise.  Very funny!

Tacoma has had some bloody looking urine so I took a sample to the vets
today.  He was on Metacam for his arthritis and I thought it might be
causing the bleeding.  I know that type of drug can cause bleeding in
humans.  The vet doesn't think so.  I will get the results tomorrow.  He is
acting just fine otherwise.  I stopped the Metacam just in case.

Juliet is so wide I would swear she was pregnant if I didn't know it was
impossible.  She weighs 2 pounds 15 oz.  All my other piggies have been on
the petite side.  She is  nice and mushy to cuddle with.

Dee
Happy slave to Tacoma the ex stud piggie and Juliet the ex svelte piggie.
Soon to adopt Honey who is in a shelter in NJ and on her way to recovery.
Way to go Honey!