[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Quiet pigs

Brenda Colijn bcolijn at wideopenwest.com
Mon Sep 20 19:35:41 EDT 2004

To the person who was asking about her gpig not whistling -

Most of our gpigs have been noise makers, but we had one named Olga that
I nicknamed Silent Olga.  She would make putt-putt noises when she was
exploring during floor time, and she would sometimes purr quietly when
we stroked her, but she never whistled or wheeked.  When she got very
upset and couldn't contain herself, she would erupt with a tiny "peep!"
The only time she ever wheeked loudly was once when I was clipping her
cage mate's toenails.  I guess she was empathizing with her cage mate's
distress.

I guess for some piggies it's normal not to be too noisy.  Olga lived to
be nearly six years old.

Brenda (in Ohio)
Max and Shadow (gpigs)