[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Putting your best paw forward

DFHAKES at aol.com DFHAKES at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 20:42:20 EDT 2004

We were lucky enough to adopt Isabel (now named Lucy) and Jillian (now  named
Mina) from Deb & Colleen after Molly had her babies.  We have  been dealing
with hurricanes for the past three weeks, so on the first available  weekend, I
had them over to see how well Penny was getting along with the girls  and how
big the 7-week old babies were.

Deb & Colleen brought baby gifts and we put all three girls on the  floor for
a nice run.  Penny is a kind, patient pig but sometime  the babies antics can
be a little annoying.  I hoped that Penny would  show them her sweet side.

Deb said that the pigs could slip through the door barrier and I said that
so far, they showed no interest in the door.  Imagine my embarassment when
Lucy decided that she was doing to run through the door barrier, and hide
underneath the sleeper sofa.  This was NOT a good example of caring for  one's
charges!

The girls were so exhausted from their play that they slept all afternoon,
and had an early bedtime.  They had a great run-around tonight and we have  two
pigs inside the sleeper bag and one pig on top.

Deb & Colleen didn't take the pigs home, so I guess we did ok.

Regards,

Dana F. Hakes
Chapter Manager
Tampa Bay House  Rabbit Society

Please check out our rabbit information and lists of  adoptable rabbits
at:_www.tampabayhrs.org_ (http://www.tampabayhrs.org/)
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/FL92.html