[Gpdd] Announce: Brownie Bear got a New Piggie Friend!

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 23:27:19 EDT 2004

Hello Slaves!
Well, this past wheeeeeekend my Sassy
Brownie Bear went to the Adoption Party
hosted by MGPR and wheeeeee had a Fabulous
time! I begged B-Bear to be on her Best
behavior, but well, she was just as Fiesty
as can be and didn't seem to get along
with any of the boys...well, except one.
His name is Butterscotch and he is an
orange/agouti short-haired piggie.
He's 1 year/6 months old and he's an
absolute Sweetie Pie! So, at the Party,
Brownie Bear and Butterscotch weren't
the best of friends, but they were being
cordial to one another. And they did
snap at each other a couple of times.
But, overall, they seemed fine.

So, after the party, I loaded them both
up in the same carrier and B-Bear snapped
at him one time. But, after that, they
just layed down and took a nap. So, I
thought, This is Great! They're gonna be
Buddies!

Well, after I got home and got everything
ready, I put them both in the same cage
while Daddy Slave and I observed. And then
All H*LL Broke Loose!!! Brownie Bear went
into Attack mode and we had to separate them.
She was headed straight for Butterscotch and
I grabbed her before she could get to him,
so she got my thumb instead...Ouch! And she
bit into my thumb really deep and the blood
was gushing out of it. She's bitten me several
times, but never like this. Of course, I didn't
take it personally.

So, right now, we've got B-Bear in the 4x2 C&C
cage, and Butterscotch is in the 3x2 C&C cage.
And they take turns having free-range time.
I took today off so that I could stay home with
the 'kids' and make sure everything was okay.
I know this a Big change for both of them.

Daddy Slave and I are going to try to gradually
introduce them some more in neutral territory
(Daddy Slave's office). And tonight was Round One.
We put them both in the play pen with hay in
the middle and greens on both sides. And there
was some teeth chattering. Daddy Slave and I
were prepared this time as we both had on GLOVES!
ha ha! Only one time did B-Bear lash out and I
blocked her with my protected hand (Thank God!
Cuz it still hurt a little even with the glove
on...Whew!). Also, at some point, Brownie had
her back to Butterscotch and he tried to mount
her. And she wiggled away and kept munching on
greens. So, I figure that Butterscotch wants to
be the Dominant one. But, so does Brownie Bear.
At least I think (???). I'm planning to read up
in the Archives on introducing piggies to get
better educated. But, of course if any of you
Slaves have any words of wisdom (advice), please
feel free to write in.

Daddy Slave has fallen in Love with Butterscotch.
And we had already decided that even if B-Bear
didn't get along with the new piggie boy that we
would keep them separate. So, if we keep them
separate, then we are going to have a double-decker
C&C cage with B-Bear's cage on the bottom and
Butterscotch's cage on the top. I'm not sure how to
make them double-decker style, so I will also be
researching that topic on the net. But, if any of
ya'll have any ideas/suggestions, I would appreciate
it.

Well, it's been a long wheeeeeeeeekend and the
piggies are asleep, so I think I'll join them
(of course, not in their cages--ha ha!)
Good Night!

Oh, by the way, Jimmy Pig has Nothing to worry
about. It seems that Brownie Bear is Still in
LOVE with him...  :-)

P.S. Thanks to the MGPR folks for hosting the
Adoption Party and bringing that Adorable Little
Butterscotch into our lives!!!

  Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps,
    Slave to Brownie Bear & Butterscotch :-)