[Gpdd] Behavior -- chewing noises when not eating and...

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Sep 21 03:12:28 EDT 2004

Dear Brenda --
       How pleasing it is to know that my piggies are happy when snuggled on
my shoulder or near my neck making chewing noises. Thanks!
       I've been wanting to write to the digest mentioning that your little
Max (from the Ohio Rescue) is the brother of my yet unintroduced (tho often
alluded to as part of the "+2 mini guineas duo") Little Charlie.  (He just goes
by Charlie now but he was so tiny when I got him, particularly in comparison to
Chester, his cage mate but not litter mate who was all of a week and a half
to two weeks older and at least twice as big.) They're really nice piggies,
aren't they?  I will remain grateful to Jessica for rescuing them. I'd love to be
able to give homes to some of the current southern rescue piggies.
       But be that as it may, I had also wanted to write and wish "Checkers"
(???) a happy 6th birthday. That was close to the time the Ebeneezer so
expected crossed the Bridge and I put off quite a few things around that time.
       It was Checkers that you brought when you and Jessica met here so that
you could meet Max (and you gave him a home!), wasn't it? Joe, George the
GP's Daddy wrote a terrific celebratory post on Checkers big #6 Birthday! He was
such a nice and well mannered piggy. And I wanted to wish him a Happy
Birthday, too. But time slipped by.
       I do not see "Checkers" listed along side Max's name.
       Only one conclusion can follow.  Checkers crossed the Bridge? If so, I
am so sorry. I may have missed the post. He was a gentle and polite pig, and
it was a pleasure having him visit. He has a former companion of his own over
the Bridge, doesn't he? -- and he and Ebeneezer briefly met while they were
both yet on this side.  I'm sure they quickly recognized each other.
       I'd love to hear about Shadow yet I felt a real inner "bump"when I
noticed the absence of Checkers name. Still, they must be having quite the
gathering on the other side of the Bridge!
       And now Jim's Speedy has joined the group frolicking there as they
wait for us.

My belated condolences,
Alge