[Gpdd] (Health)-Nail clipping and a limp!

Carrie Mazza mazza_carrie at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 21 01:39:09 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,
I haven't written in a while..but I am listening!  I was inspired by all the nail clipping talk the last few days and last night finally got a friend over and did Sugar's front nails.  He let's me do is back nails after a bath and he is wrapped in a towel so for his front we wrapped him up and I got his little paw out.  He struggled but finally calmed enough for me to do small snips.  I didn't hear any bad yelps or squeals or anything, but he did fight it and I had to do a lot to get his paw steady.  Well...today I am noticing he is sort of limping.  He is not as quick in his running and is more hopping  than his normal quick scurry.   I think he is favoring one of his paws, but doesn't seem to be in pain really.  He is not moving around as much as usual but hasn't made any noises when he does.

Any ideas?  I was thinking of just observing him and making sure it doesn't get worse...maybe he got a little strain or is a little uncomfortable with the shorter nails?

Thanks for you input!
Carrie and Sugar