[Gpdd] Care: Babies, Brothers in the same cage

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 02:58:24 EDT 2004

Hi Maria,
       I would urge you to keep the little guys together. They generally love
each other's company and if they're litter mates you're already ahead of the
game. Problems MAY come up later, but usually it's just some some minor
dominance issues that need to be sorted out. If fur and blood begin to fly,
obviously, then you have a problem.

 The late Ebeneezer WoollyBear and Wilson (who is still very much with us but
sems to continue to miss his buddy Ebe) loved living together -- running
races, etc.  Chester and Charlie are not littermates but they were cage mates from
very early on (weaning time). They are approximately 1 1/2 to 2 weeks apart
in age and while they periodically do the nose flipping thing to each other,
they too have great fun together and I think each would be far less happy
without the companion ship of the other.
       When they were very very tiny they would borrow under their single
cuddle cup and move around all over the cage.  The tiny piggies underneath were
invisible and so the cuddle cup looked very much like an animated hover-craft!
They have 2 cuddle cups now, of course.

All best,
       Alge