[Gpdd] [HEALTH] white film on eye

MICHAEL LABBATE labbatesms at msn.com
Wed Sep 22 21:39:35 EDT 2004

I'm so glad to be able to call on everyone at the GPDD for advice!

I noticed my Percy has a white film on her one eye tonight.  I held her last night for a long time and both of her eyes were fine -- bright and clear.  Tonight her one eye is almost closed which is unusual since she rarely closes her eyes.

The eye is not red or inflamed and I don't see anything stuck in it. She is 2 years old and this problem just happened today so I don't think it's cataracts.

Has anyone had experience with this problem?  I just read Peter Gurney's book tonight that the white film may appear if something was stuck in Percy's eye but has since come out.  And that her eye may stay this way for a couple of days.  I want to try and take her to the vet ASAP to have the eye checked out.  But any advice you can give me in the meantime will be very helpful!

Thanks!

Steph
Patches, Percy, and Scamp