[Gpdd] [MISC] Moving to Cornwall

Milton Taylor milton at shaw-and-co.com
Thu Sep 23 03:55:51 EDT 2004

I am moving to Cornwall from the Oxford area (in the UK) in November, to take up a new job, and am going to have absolute hell finding a room/flat to let because I have four guinea pigs and a house rabbit.  I have a couple of contingency plans - a family near Oxford will look after my pets for me if necessary and my partner in Gloucester will take all or some of them in as well.

Neither of these options are ideal from my point of view, as I won't get to see my pets very often for what could be quite a few months.

I have a third option which is to rent out my current house to a lodger who wants to live in the Oxford area (I am west of Oxford, north of Swindon) and who could look after my pets on a day to day basis in return for a cheap rent.  As my intention is to sell my house in the spring or summer next year, depending on how the job works out, this may not be ideal either.  I don't want to leave my pets in the care of someone who doesn't already have pets and know the commitment involved.

This is the reason for my post.  I wondered if there was anyone on this list who is, or knows someone who is, in the Cornwall area and either has a room they could rent out, and/or is able to assist in accommodating my pets.  Ideally I would like to be within 20 miles of Truro which is where I would be working, but this is not essential.  I don't want to live in a "shared house" with lots of other tenants, I would rather either have my own place or share with a family.

Although I like dogs, my rabbit doesn't, so I wouldn't be able to live somewhere with dogs.  Cats, however, are fine - I have them exploring my garden all the time and the guinea pigs don't mind them (my partner also has two cats).

If anyone can help, or knows someone who may be able to help, please e-mail me privately.  If anyone has any suggestions which I haven't mentioned above, do post them on the list or mail me privately.   Please don't give me contact details for friends/relatives etc without asking them first!!

I'll keep the list posted as to what happens.

Milton and the Lads

This email has been sent from Shaw & Company. The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the governing Shaw & Co client engagement letter.

Our postal address is:
Shaw & Company
195 Banbury Road
Oxford OX2 7AR

Our Office telephone number is: 01865 310 031
Our Office fax number is: 01865 310 025

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service.