[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Arthritis in Pigs?

Sandi Dattler sdattler at axcessystems.com
Thu Sep 23 12:11:50 EDT 2004

Is it possible for Guinea pigs to have arthritis?  I've noticed that my girl (about 2.5 years old) used to run around on the floor a lot but I've noticed that lately she lies on the floor looking absolutely exhausted. She's been lying flat with her right back foot stretched out and her head flat on the floor.  She doesn't look comfortable but stays like that for hours.

She still eats and poops.  I don't know if I should take her to the vet with a condition of lying around too much.

Sandi Korman
sdattler at axcessystems.com