[Gpdd] CARE cc cages

Allfunngames5989 at aol.com Allfunngames5989 at aol.com
Thu Sep 23 14:03:32 EDT 2004

Hi Karen, and fellow piggers

Being a relatively new Slave, we only recently built our c & c cage.  I had a
local sign company cut me pieces of core-plast to fit the bottom, and up each
side, six inches.  It fits in nicely and eliminates most of the shaving from
being "popcorned" out.  I then collect shallow cardboard boxes from places
like Costco, about two inches deep, and put newspaper down in the bottom, cover
with shavings, and fit them into the cage.  I usually get about three weeks
worth of use out of each set of boxes, with a cleaning taking place every four
days or so.  I usually end up with a couple square feet of uncovered flooring,
and this is where I put their food bowls, and their pigloo (makes it easier for
them to run it around than on the shavings).  They generally don't make too
much of a mess in that open area, and when it comes to cleaning time, I just
lift out the boxes, roll up the newspapers, capturing all the shavings and
droppings, dump them in a garbage bag, reuse the boxes (as I mentioned about three
weeks worth before they become soiled) and I use a bottle of vinegar water to
wipe down the core-plast.  Then put the refreshed boxes back in and tah dah -
the piggies are ready to be put back in.  This whole process takes me less
than 15 minutes.  My c & c cage is about 70 inches by 30 inches and we all love
it.  Hope that helps.

Debie and Taylor, Slaves to Fluffy, Muffin, and Squeek