[Gpdd] Re: ANNOUNCEMENTS: Update on new babies and mommy, doing well.

Robert redmountainfarm at juno.com
Thu Sep 23 17:41:39 EDT 2004

Esmeralda's four new babies are now three days old and are doing well. She is a very good mommy and auntie Gracie is helping.  They are starting to nibble on hay and Romaine lettuce today, but mostly mommy's milk. They are also starting to run around.  We are making them a new home so they will have lots more room.  Boy, was it hard to find the grids.  K-Mart and Wal-Mart did not even know what I was talking about.  I had to go to Fred Meyer and they were on a top shelf in the very back of the store.  We are having to cat proof their home as we have some very curious kitties.  I went to Home Depot and found some very nice plastic, very large sewer fittings, that look like big T's and a curved one, only about $2.00 each.  The piggies love playing hide and seek in them.  I have heard it is time to separate the male babies from the mommy at three weeks and another site at four or five weeks.  What would be the best time to prevent any further accidental pregnancies?