[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] leaping from cage

Chas cacosta at brightdsl.net
Fri Sep 24 07:29:31 EDT 2004

Hi all,
We have a single level 2x4 c&c cage and Eddy has figured out that he can leap from the middle and clear the outer perimeter walls. He was running and popcorning around this morning when all of a sudden he was out of the pigpen. We put some cardboard up at that end. He was also climbing the walls, looking back real far and lost his balance and fell down. I must admit this was all very comical (the kids were laughing till they peed), but I am still concerned that he may get out when we aren't around. Do pigs usually get this active? I am also concerned that he may hurt himself. I have really started to rely on all of you for your input. You are all so great with your pigs.
Chas and the very rambunctious Eddy