[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: George the guinea pig

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 21:56:45 EDT 2004

To all those who are wondering about our little boy, George, to be very
honest, he is not doing well. We never expected him to make a recovery having a
growth on his liver but neither would we subject him to the stress of having an
operation. He has needed to spend more time in his oxygen environment than out
and his appetite is nothing like it use to be. He has had as wonderful a life
as ANY guinea pig could ever have. From eating every night with his mommy and
daddy and almost always from their plates. He's had everything from macaroni
to eggplant parm and anything and everything he could possibly want. Tonight he
refused a plain cucumber but did decided he would eat one that was from my
salad with French dressing. He has taken well to an oxygen mask configured just
for him and seemed to develop a little appetite after breathing the oxygen for
a bit. To believe he will be with us much longer would be f a fools folly. I
have said so very often that we need to treat EVERY day we have with our
little guys as though we knew it were their last. Well, that has been our creed
since he was a little guy. In his prayer every day I thanked God for one more day
with him. Today it was time to ask God to stop his suffering. In closing this
update I would ask all who think of our little guy and wonder how he is to
please ask for that and maybe with so many asking God might help him across the
bridge. Thank you all.

Sincerely,

Joseph Petrillo, the famous George the guinea pigs daddy