[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Revolution & Ivermectin

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 25 18:44:55 EDT 2004

Stacy,
Please DO NOT give your piggy a dose of Ivermectin
yet--you run the risk of giving him a lethal overdose!
An overdose can cause organ failure.These medications
seem benign because they go on the skin, but remember
they get into the bloodstream as well. Please wait to
see how the Revolution does first. I know you want
your piggy to be comfortable, but give it time. If he
seems to get worse, THEN consider the Ivermectin.
There are also alternatives, like an essential oil
treatment that Peter Gurney recommends on his
website--and best of all, it's completely natural, no
toxic chemicals. I used the oil treatment, in
conjunction with Ivermectin, on my Jasper--who had
mites so bad when he was in the MD shelter that it was
causing him to have seizures --and he now has a
beautful soft coat and no itching.
If there are any open lesions on your piggy, an
application of aloe vera gel really helps.

Good luck, and please keep us apprised of your piggy's
condition.
-Stacy and the Squee Squad