[Gpdd] Announce - Another heart broken

J D jodennett366 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 25 16:46:25 EDT 2004

16/09/04
Goldy looked frail. There was no denying it. I let him out his hutch and he
didn't feel like doing anything so I set up his house and let him have a nap
while I cleaned his hutch.

19/09/04
It took him ages to get into a comfy position on my lap to have a snooze. I
hung on for as long as possible, but it was way past supper time so finally
I had to put him back in his hutch. I returned with some food and Goldy
cries out so I quickly give the other three their suppers then I pick up
Goldy. He's all limp. He's still breathing, but his breaths are very widely
spaced. I say my goodbyes. I sing his song over and over. He breathes his
last breath. I stare for ages waiting for another breath. No heart beat.
Nothing.

I haven't stopped falling.

Jo