[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: T.S. Eliot would like to introduce his new brother

Questie2001 at aol.com Questie2001 at aol.com
Sat Sep 25 19:47:29 EDT 2004

This is only my second posting to the digest, but since I previously
introduced my Eli (T.S. Eliot), I felt it only fair to introduce his new "brother"
e.e. cummings, who is affectionately known as "Eek."  (I know, bless my heart for
the names, but as an English teacher, I tend to name my "children" for my
favorite authors.)  Eek is a darling white/brown/carmel colored Abby who joined
the family three weeks ago.  Today was a big day for the boys.  I bought a new
cage, pigloo, and cuddle cup for them.  I had Eek quarantined for the first
two weeks, but he and Eli spent the past week as neighbors with side-by-side
cages.  Both boys seemed to want to be together, so I decided to try a MUCH
larger cage for them to share.  They moved into their new house this morning and
with the exception of a little rumbling here and there, they're having a grand
ol' time running around, moving the pigloo, and popcorning.  I can tell they
love their new home and new toys.  I was so proud of them at dinner time too!  I
put their veggies in separate containers, but they sat side by side and
peacefully ate parsley from the same container!  If only I had thought to take a
picture of their first dinner together!

Alissa, proud mommy of Eli and Eek

P.S.  Eli wanted to welcome Leah's new Butterscotch and congratulate Brownie
Bear on her new friend.  He knows how exciting a new companion is too!