[Gpdd] [HEALTH] re: Hefty Piggy

Elizabeth Williams gegoderod at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 25 23:43:20 EDT 2004

I actually got Penelope from a pet store about a year
ago.  She was pregnant when I saw her.  I waited until
her pups were weaned before I took her, which took a
lot of restraint!

Since then she's had one litter, and that was her
last.  She hasn't been with a male in over 6 months,
so there's no way she's pregnant.  She's very wide in
the belly (about twice as wide as her rib cage) and
pretty flabby.

I'm not sure how many times she's been pregnant.  Do
you think that could be part of it?  I know that
humans don't tend to be as slim after a few
pregnancies....  Unfortunately, just like me, she's
not exercise prone, so that could be playing a role
here as well.

Just as another member just posted, most of my piggies
get lazy and don't even run around much during floor
time once they get to be around 2.

-Liz