[Gpdd] [HEALTH] The girls are getting spayed

lisa.sharpcrew.com lisa at sharpcrew.com
Sun Sep 26 07:21:48 EDT 2004

It's been a while since I've posted but I have been keeping up with
everyone.  I went back to work recently and it's hard to find time now for
my little extra things!

Anyone who subscribes to GL may know that I now have Ozzy in the room with
the girls.  Well, last week he broke apart his c&c cage-literally PRIED it
apart and spent the night with the girls.  He was happy as a clam laying in
the big palace with Fuzzy the next morning when I found them.  Zoe kept her
distance apparently and was sleeping in her cuddle pouch.

I was very concerned about Fuzzy though.  I believe the night before she may
have been in heat, as she was mounting Zoe and that is VERY unusual behavior
for her.  It's the other way around normally.  So my first thought was to
run Ozzy in and have him neutered.  But through advice from GL members and
talking in great length to my vet, I have decided to bring both girls in to
have them spayed.  At their ages it would be so risky for them to have a
pregnancy.  As far as I know Zoe has never had pups and I KNOW Fuzzy hasn't.
I don't want to risk losing either one to an emergency c-section or during
natural delivery.

Spaying carries it's own risks but when they are young and healthy it will
be easier on them than if they are stressed by pregnancy or illness.  They
are going in Tuesday morning for surgery.  It will be done early so I should
know by lunchtime how things went and later that day if they are ready to
come home.  I will be a nervous wreck all day and poor Oz will be all alone.

I'll keep you all posted as I know what's happening.

Lisa
Slave to Fuzzy, Zoe and Ozzy