[Gpdd] Announcement: Cecelia's new life and a new friend

Meredith C Farrelly merrieclaire at aol.com
Sun Sep 26 16:25:14 EDT 2004

Hi all,
  I must admit I'm quite the lurker, but my little Cecelia insisted that I
write in to let you know how she's doing, since she's had so many changes in
her life over the past few months. . . since I finished college, we've moved
back to New Jersey, and Cecelia has gone from a smallish cage in a tiny
Boston apartment to a nice C&C condo here, and more space for floor time,
too.  She's quite happy. I line the cage with fleece blankets, since she
loves the soft feel under her feet, and because she is mostly litter box
trained, I can get away with just a little spot cleaning here and there and
a full cleaning once a week.  If she has any accidents, I clean more often.
The cage also has an upper level, which I line with Carefresh and TONS of
hay, which makes her a very happy pig.
   Cecelia celebrated her first birthday last month, and we had quite the
party for her-- veggie platters, toys and treats wrapped in newsprint which
she ripped off herself, etc.  But I've decided that the best present I can
give her is a friend to play with, now that I have a bit more space.  So I'm
on the lookout for a female companion for my little one.  I'm a bit nervous
about introducing someone new to Cecelia, who's been a lone pig for a year
now, but Leah and Brownie Bear have inspired me.  It may be tough at first,
but I'm patient. . . it will work out.  Wish us luck and I'll keep you
posted.  Thanks,
    Meredith and Cecelia