[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] George the Guinea Pig

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Mon Sep 27 09:48:43 EDT 2004

Like everyone else, I have been closely following the reports about George
the Guinea Pig, and sending silent prayers. I lost my dear Bâfreur to some kind
of upper respiratory illness over a year ago, although in our case the
suffering was compounded by frustration because my vet did not know how to treat him.
At least Joe and Gail had access to a proficient vet whom they trusted, and
the oxygen must have eased the suffering towards the end. Poor Bâfreur had no
such luxury, and the sight and sound of his struggle for breath will haunt me
forever. I know how excruciatingly painful it is to watch a beloved creature
lose its appetite and cease to eat.

My heart goes out to Joe and Gail, and indeed to all our other friends who
have lost precious piggies recently. I know, through being on the receiving end
several times, that messages of condolence do help a tiny bit - it helps to
know there are other people out there that realise we have not lost "just" a
guinea pig, but in fact a deeply loved member of our family whose departure
leaves a huge gaping hole in our lives and a massive great wound in our hearts. I
never write though - never seems to be enough time to say what I need to, so I
skip it, then feel guilty. But like eveyone else, I feel I have got to know
George, Gail and Joe personally over the years, and I owe it to them to make the
effort to let them know they are in my thoughts.

I am sure that George, even as I write, is there across The Bridge with dear
departed Lilac, telling her about the wonderful human beings whose hearts she
stole and with whom they both will one day be reunited.

Run free, little pigs, with my Bâfreur, Cherub, Etincelle, Etoile, Huppé,
Orson, Cayenne and Poivre - popcorn in the warm sunshine and eat you fill of the
bountiful dandelions. You are only parted from us for a little while - take
care of one another until we can cuddle you again

Debbie (and her Dolly Mixtures)