[Gpdd] [CARE]: Woody Pet

Marielle Smith marielle at markinekt.com
Mon Sep 27 16:14:41 EDT 2004

Dear Guinea Pig Friends,

First, my deepest condolences go out to all the piggie slaves who have
recently seen their babies cross over the Rainbow Bridge.  I have cried
more than once in the past few days.

I'm so grateful that we're all doing well and are healthy and happy here
in So. Cal.  Windex who was a bit under the weather has recovered and
then some!  And we just adopted a little 8 month old girl from the local
animal shelter!

I wanted to respond to a few members who asked about the product "Woody
Pet."  We've been using Woody Pet for a couple months now and have had
good results.  The only consideration is that I have had some allergic
reaction either to the Woody Pet or to the giant bale of timothy hay
that was delivered along with it!  As far as the piggies, they do fine
with the woody pet, which expands a LOT when it gets wet and dries
almost immediately.  It's very effective at eliminating odor as well.
We put a pretty thin layer in the cage and it lasts 5-7 days before it
starts to smell.  If we were more diligent about removing the wet spots
and poop, I bet it would last longer.  The piggies are perfectly happy
with it.  The best part is the cost - only $5/30 lb. bag where we got
it:  at Circle F in Glendale.  If we buy a bale of hay along with
several bags, they will deliver it!  Otherwise, I just buy it there!

Circle F
1830 Riverside Drive
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 409-1200

I'd love to hear other slaves' experiences with this product.

Best,
Marielle, Windex, Widget, Schocki, our new little girl who still needs a
name, Mister Big the Bunny and Russell, the other slave...