[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Rainbow Bridge: Speedy, Goldy/Goldie, Harry, Moya and George the GP

Annette Kobus akobus at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 00:52:25 EDT 2004

As with others of our worldwide audience, I have read my GPDD postings each
day looking for updates on "our boy" (because, once the GPDD'ers read/hear
of a GP, they do become "our" GPs), the beloved George the Guinea Pig. I
read of the sad announcements of Speedy, Goldy/Goldie (I'm not sure the
correct spelling), Harry and Moya crossing over the Bridge. I am so very
sorry for all of their slaves.

Somehow I did not receive the actual GPDD containing the message from Joseph
of George's crossing. I saw the one from Friday evening asking for prayers
to help him over the Rainbow Bridge, and the next GPDD digest I got had many
replies from our vast network of grieving piggie slaves. So I haven't seen
the actual notice.

Be that as it may, I want to say to Joseph and Gail (and Angel): I already
had three daughters, one of whom was the "mommy slave" to Prince (the now 8
1/2 year old Guinea Pig who was our greeter at the Laying of the Last Poo
ceremony) when I married my husband, Jon, two years ago. Jon used to watch
how we pampered Prince - from cutting up my old running t-shirts to make him
beds to lay on (on TOP of his CareFresh), to the fresh parsley, to the mini
carrots, to the "manicures" on the deck in back of our house, to the baths
we gave him, to the endless boxes from Oxbow Hay that arrived from UPS. Jon
would say, "When I die, I want to come back as a Guinea Pig". I believe he
really meant it. I have cried many tears since Jon unexpectedly passed away
from complications following surgery this past May 14. My point is that I am
certain that "The Boy, George" was cared for by Joseph and Gail every bit as
well as our Prince.

I went off and did a selfish human thing this past weekend, competed in a
Triathlon. It was today (Monday) at work when I read all the sad postings in
reply to George's crossing over the Rainbow Bridge. It's a good thing I work
in an isolated cubicle because my eyes were filled (and continue to be
filled) with tears. I know the value of having a place for people to post
their condolences on the World Wide Web because that is what people did for
my Jon. The pain of loss is still there, but it is very COMFORTING to know
how many people, whether known personally or in cyberspace; desire to convey
their condolences, respect and grief. Joseph and Gail, I would like to
express my deepest sympathy for your loss. These little furry guys and girls
just grab hold of our hearts and don't let go. All of us, the world over,
are grieving with you at this time.

Although this post is already lengthy, I would like to point out that
Crystal's signature is an inspiration for all of us - as I have learned with
my recent sudden loss. I hope George is there at the Bridge when it is
Prince's turn to cross.