[Gpdd] re: Rainbow Bridge.......Goodbye George

Gordysmom at aol.com Gordysmom at aol.com
Tue Sep 28 04:17:14 EDT 2004

Although I faithfully read the GPDD, I rarely send postings.  But, I have
been so deeply touched in reading all the beautiful sentiments expressed to Joe
and Gail in their loss of George after his brave fight.  As many members have
said, Joe has been such a great source of comfort to all of us who have had to
say goodbye to our beloved guinea pigs.  That has compelled me to write
something wonderful to help Joe and Gail find peace at this sorrowful time.  And
yet, I have found it so difficult to find the right words.......and even more
impossible to convey my feelings as I choke back my tears.

Although these aren't my own words, I want to share with Joe and Gail......as
well as all of you who have lost a beloved piggy......this following poem.
When my beloved father died two years ago after suffering a terminal illness,
we had this printed on the back of his memorial cards.  I have this poem
hanging on my bulletin board above my computer where I read it every day.  It gives
me great comfort, and I think it's appropriate for the loss of a beloved pet,
also.

"God saw you were getting tired,
and a cure was not to be.
So He put his arms around you
and whispered, 'Come to me.'
With tearful eyes we watched you,
and saw you pass away.
Although we loved you dearly,
we could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
hard working hands at rest.
God broke our hearts to prove to us,
He only takes the best."

May God bless you with many joyful memories,
Janie