[Gpdd] MISC. - questions about George

pkduffy at comcast.net pkduffy at comcast.net
Wed Sep 29 15:01:55 EDT 2004

I have read the GPDD for the last six months or so and, of course, have heard about George the pig.  Since George's passing I have read the numerous tributes to him and his parents, Joseph and Gail.  He sounds like a remarkable pig (with remarkable parents) and if it is not too painful, I would love to hear more about him (from his parents or any GPDD reader).  Did he really eat at the dinner table?  And did he eat "human food"?  What was he like?  Smart?  Affectionate?  What was the daily rountine?  Is there a website which has a picture of him, as I have seen people remark on how handsome he was.

We have a piggy named Guinness who is eight months old (and the center of our household) and, reading about George, it occurred to me that perhaps there are other things we should,or can, do with / for our little guy.  Also, I think it sometimes helps, when heart-broken and grieving, to remember and/or write about the details and specific behaviors.  I also understand, however, that this request may be ill-timed and it is simply too painful to write and/or read about George.  If so, I certainly apoligize; the last thing I want to do is cause more pain for Joseph and Gail.

Priscilla & Guinness