[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: George the Guinea Pig & Goldy & Moya

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Thu Sep 30 01:11:39 EDT 2004

Dear Friends,

I am so very sorry to hear about George, Goldy and Moya. George's exploits
have become legendary on the Digest. He captured all of our hearts and he will
be missed by all of us. Joseph and Gail gave him so much love and tenderness
that he became so much more than "just a pet." I have loved every one of my
guinea pigs, but there are some who stand out in my memory more than others,
usually because their personalities are just so distinctive and delightful. I try
so very hard not to "play favorites," and, of course, each piggy gets the same
treats, playtime, affection, etc., but there are a few who really capture you
heart more than you can hardly believe. I think that George was just such a
pig, and he will remain so for the rest of his mommy's and daddy's lives. They
will never ever forget him, no matter how many other guinea pigs they have, and
he will live in their hearts forever and ever.

And, Jo, I nearly cried when I read your news, especially when you said "I
haven't stopped falling..." You described so perfectly the utter depair a person
feels when a beloved pet leaves. It is like falling into a black hole, and
the sensation just leaves you reeling. I am so very very sorry about your loss
of Goldy. But of course, no pet is ever really lost, as the love you shared
continues to grow throughout your whole lifetime.

And I am also so sorry to hear about Moya, who was given so much love and a
"second chance" for happiness in her little life. It really is all about
quality, not quantity, when it comes to these little creatures. They all have so
little time on this Earth that the memories just become incredibly precious. It
is amazing to me that such tiny little furballs can bring such happiness---just
by existing!! And I do feel that their souls---yes, I believe very strongly
that all animals have souls, not just human animals---live on forever, and the
love we shared with them will live forever in our hearts.

Love and Wheeeeeeeeeps,

Alyssa
http://hometown.aol.com/guineapigfilms