[Gpdd] (Misc) Re: Human Kids and Pet Kids

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 1 16:39:31 EST 2005

Shelly,
I know what you mean about our piggies being our kids.
I am unable to have children myself and I pretty much
got used to the idea that there will never be human
children in our house (except for nieces and nephews).
But my husband and I are okay with that...there was a
bit of anguish at first because we found out very soon
(I mean like 2 months) after we were married. We have
had several heart-to-heart discussions about it and
have pretty much decided that we don't want children
either. Now, before anyone gets upset, we have nothing
against children, neither of us hates kids or anything
like that. We just feel that God has some other
purpose for us. So, having said that, we do feel like
our piggies are our children and treat them as
such--much to the dismay of our very Traditional
Southern Parents. My mother is okay with us not having
kids, she just doesn't understand why we'd spend $400
for surgery on a guinea pig. I respond by saying that
I cannot, in good conscience, take an animal into my
home and not give it the care it deserves as long as I
can afford to pay for it...and besides, when you die
*You Can't Take It (meaning the money) With You*. That
usually gets her off my case for a while : )

So take heart--there are others out there who feel as
you do. And, I know several people with kids who also
treat their pets like their children. I see nothing
wrong with that either.

Stacy and the Squee Squad
" I care not for the religion of any man whose dog and
cat are not the better for it"--Abraham Lincoln