[Gpdd] [CARE] Tar-like buildup on male piggies

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:13:16 EST 2005

Dear Friends,

My C.J. has been getting this sticky, tar-like substance on his backside, on
the lower part of his rump.
I have tried to shampoo this out, and usually end up having to clip it out
with the scissors. Now this is not something that he likes to sit still for,
and it leaves him with patchy-looking hair on his backside. This stuff gets
in his hair all the way down to the skin, and as he is an abby, it really
shows when I have to clip his hair ...and then I still don't get it all out.
My Flick has also had this, but not so much as C.J. has. Any ideas as to
what this substance is and what I can do about it? It does not have an odor,
but it is unsightly.

Thankful for any suggestions,
Sherry and a patchy-rumped C.J.