[Gpdd] [CARE] Gnawing

Shelly Atkinson shellyatkinson at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 3 17:00:40 EDT 2005

I don't know if I am being paranoid or not but I decided to take the pvc
tunnels out of Reba's enclosure since I read that chewing on plastic and
swolling it can be bad for their digestive systems. GPs are rodents that
need to gnaw on things to keep their teeth down so I will put a half log in
instead of pvc. Soda boxes are good too for them to run around in and chew
on. I just wonder how wood can't be dangerous as well as plastic, they both
seem like something you would not want to swollow. I wonder if any of you
can tell me how wood is ok to digest so I don't have to be a worry wart when
I see Reba gnawing on her wood toys are wood hide outs.

Shelly Atkinson