[Gpdd] Re: [HEALTH] Tumour? operatung? (sic)

marielles at earthlink.net marielles at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 4 13:59:12 EDT 2005

Hello, Digest Members,

Before I respond to Vicki and Abby, I wanted to express our deepest
condolences to the many piggies to crossed the bridge in the past
months....

Hi Vicki, Abby, Buffy and Phoebe,

I just read your posting about the pea-sized lump between Abby's genital
area and her leg.  Oddly, last week we took our little Trudy (about a
year old) to the vet for the exact same problem.

Our vet pushed around the area, and Trudy didn't seem to be in too much
discomfort from that, as she didn't scream or fuss.  Her assessment was
that it was most likely an infection of the lymph nodes around there.
She wants to wait to see whether the infection goes away on its own.
Apparently, trying to grab a sample of the tissue could prove to be
quite difficult and perhaps not conclusive, as guinea pig tissue is
frequently quite tough, not fluid-y.  So, if the lump doesn't go away,
she recommends removing it completely rather than trying to biopsy the
thing.

Today Trudy's lump seemed to have become a bit smaller.  I'd love to
hear what your vet says it is and what s/he decides to do.

Best,
Marielle and Russell (just married!), Windex, Widget, Schocki and Trudy
And the buns:  Mr. Big, Jackie, Wolfgang, Rhumba and Farrah