[Gpdd] [Health] Brownie's Nail Clipping at the Vet's Office..

Britt and Brownie Lindahl Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com
Mon Apr 4 21:08:17 EDT 2005

Well, Brownie "Pumpkin Pig" and I made it to the vet's and back for his nail
clipping and ear cleaning out!  He was the hit of the waiting room..
Everyone was oohhing and ahhhing over him, although the one barking dog sent
him hiding in his cozy!  We finally got called and BPP was weighed.. 2 lbs..
Is this normal for your piggies too?  He's going to be 3 in August.. eats
like a horse and runs so many laps and popcorns that I think his metabolism
must be running in high gear! (I wish mine were that way too!)

The vet nurse came in and clipped his nails.. I told her he didn't like that
and he would get cranky.. I held him and she clipped.. He did a VERY mad
wheek and was letting the entire OFFICE know about it!  He calmed down a
bit, but my nerves go crazy.. I was shaking so hard worried about him.. He
doesn't like to be held but by me and darts out of others' arms.. Then came
the ear cleaning.. Dr. Alexander came in and looked in his ears and I
thought the poor pig was going to just tell the good Doc where to stick it..
I thought Brownie was loud the first time.. HOLY COW!  He was much happier
in his mini-cage/tote thing with his bedding and food.. Of course when the
doc and the vet nurse were out of the room, I just had to pick up his nail
clippings and sat in amazement.. His toes are soooo cute when they're
clipped!  When we walked out of the exam room, the one lady I was talking to
in the waiting room was amazed at how loud BPP got.. I said to her, "I told
you he didn't like getting his nails clipped and ears cleaned!"  *LOL*
Brownie and I made a deal when we got home.. 2 months and we're headed
back.. Tis the life of a piggie owner with a stubborn pig who won't let his
momma clip his nails..

I stopped tonight and got BPP some fresh veggies (although the store was out
of his favorite.. green peppers) and also stopped by the pet store and got
him a new chew tunnel.. I took his old one out when I cleaned his cage 2
days ago beacuse it needed to be tossed.. I thought I had another one in the
closet, but I didn't!  He's been wandering around his cage... SULKING
because he didn't have his tunnel.. So, I went and got him a new one today
for being a good boy.. Well, as good as my BPP can be.. He's very
tempermental to say the least!

I'm also an E-Bay'er and I won a terra cotta guinea pig.. I have one for
here at my home.. but I just recently won another one to put at my Mom's
where Jo-Jo and Oreo are buried.. I only stopped for a minute (I didn't want
to flip out and cry cry cry) and said.. "This is for my boys.. Momma loves
you.."

Anyhow, I'll stop rambling so much, but just thought I'd update you on my
BPP and his interesting trip to the Vet..

BTW - Doc and I joked that this time BPP didn't come in with a broken tooth!
:)  *knocks on wood*

Piggie Hugs and Kisses,
Britt & Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

Remembering at the Rainbow Bridge:
Oreo (4/26/00 - 9/15/02), Jo-Jo (1/24/99 - 5/17/00) and Rumble (1/24/99 -
12/31/00)..
My "Angel Piggies"

"A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in
yourself."