[Gpdd] CARE:vitamin c

Simplelee1084 at aol.com Simplelee1084 at aol.com
Mon Apr 4 21:06:08 EDT 2005

About three weeks ago I bought two Guinea Pigs, (Twinkles and  Skittles)about
8 weeks old.
We loved them so much that we got two more babies,(Spikey and Fluffy)6  weeks
old.
My first question is the pet store owner told me to give them actual
chewable 100 mg Vitamin C tablets cut into quarters. He said because they don't
drink enough of the water to get the full effect of the drops that usually go
into the water.  But since they eat a lot of vegetables, fruit and pellet
(fortified with Vit C.) (plus I still put the drops in the water anyway)is it
possible that they can get to much Vitamin C.  They all actually enjoy the  tablet,
except the baby Fluffy she wants no part of it.  I just don't want  to harm
them by giving them too much of a good thing.  Please let me know  if its ok.
My second question is:  Someone just told me it is harmful to put my  piggies
next to the computer......is that true?