[Gpdd] Re:[Misc] Human Kids & Pet Kids

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 22:30:35 EDT 2005

Leah,

I am not a person that has a way with words, so please bear with me.

Even though I have 3 children plus a dog and some guinea pigs doesn't make me any better than you or should I say more tolerant than you.  To tell you the truth, I don't have the patience or the tolerance for my kids, but I try cause I have to and I want them to have a good childhood.  I think if I could do it over again, I wouldn't have any children or probably I'd just have one (easier to handle than 3). Then I would just have more pets, hehehe.

 As for freedom, you are right.  You can come and leave when you want, do whatever, sleep all day if you like, etc.  You don't have to worry about children or who is going to babysit, worry about the time cause you have to pick them up at a certain time.  I don't usually go anywhere because I don't want to burden someone else with my children, and if I do go somewhere, we usually take the kids OR one of us stays home with the kids or we split the kids up.  My husband and I haven't been anywhere alone for a long time, can't even tell you when.  Im sure it isn't good for our relationship but people here just doesn't want to babysit, not even relatives.  I practically have to beg my mother when we do want to go somewhere by ourselves.  I just don't think it is worth it so I usually stay home.  Depressing, huh?  I understand why people decide not to have children.

I don't think you are selfish either by NOT having children.  That is your decision and you have that right.  Why bring children into this world if you really don't want them?  Because they will be beautiful bi-racial children, just to see what it is like, etc.  NO.  You are right, children are not experiments.

Another thing that irritates me is, "having children is the norm."  Since when and who says?  Just because two people are married, who says you have to have children, especially in this day and age?  I think, in my opinion, society pushes couples into having children and sometimes it causes hard feelings and unfortunately, the children has to pay for it in the end.

So I just want to say, I commend all of you that has decided NOT to have children and sticking with it.  Don't get me wrong though, I love my children and I don't ever want anything bad to happen to them and I take care of them the best I know how.

Sorry for all the ramblings.....

Wheeks and Hugs,
Lisa and the Guinea Girls and the newest additions, Ivy, Tinsel (Flint), Ashby

The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"