[Gpdd] [CARE] Hay

sherry bevins ssbjune9 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 01:30:51 EDT 2005

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for answering my question about the difference between Oxbow and
Sweet Meadow hay. I have to agree with you that the Sweet Meadow timothy hay
is not only sweeter smelling, but also much softer. I was a little
disappointed with my first shipment of Oxbow hay, as the texture was more
like that of the hay that I use to buy in bales to feed my horses. I tried
ordering a smaller amount ....25lbs. instead of 50lbs...and that shipment
was better...more grass-like. I had never heard of Sweet Meadow Farm until I
read a posting here on the digest. I have to buy hay in bulk for my piggies,
since I have 15 of them and they eat tons of it. I had been giving them
Kaytee brand timothy and buying the 96oz. bags, but I find that I save money
when I buy in bulk (25lbs. or more) even with the shipping charges. I live
in South Carolina and received my shipment from Sweet Meadow Farm in only 5
days. They shipped my order the day I placed it, which surprised me because
I had opted to send my payment by mail. We are very pleased with the product
and the service...and the most important critics...our piggies...are very
happy,too!

With gratitude,
Sherry and 15 happy piggie pals