[Gpdd] MISC: Oxbow hay

Lydia Boland lydiagboland at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 6 02:45:36 EDT 2005

We use the hay on top of feline pine.  We actually get
the Trader Joe's brand of Feline Pine which is still
safe but cheaper.  We put the Feline Pine in litter
boxes and the hay on top.  They hay isn't really
absorbent on its own but the hay keeps the litter
going longer and it encourages them to go in the box.
Our guinea pigs share boxes with our bunnies but if
they had their own cages (not their own bedroom) then
I would probably get those corner litter boxes so they
would take up less space.  I don't think I'd recommend
hay alone but hay on top of the pine lasts us a week
with 3 rabbits and 2 guinea pigs.  Try adding some
small litterboxes with the hay in there on top of the
Feline Pine and they should both go longer for you.
Does that make sense?

Lydia