[Gpdd] Health: Smoothy and operation

James Lynn jimmarg.lynn at juno.com
Wed Apr 6 08:33:55 EDT 2005

Hi Carole,

A few years ago one of my males developed an infection after being
neutered.  Along with the daily medication, the vet had me place a damp
and very warm washcloth over the incision for about 20 minutes.....three
times a day..  This will keep the area open so the pus can continue to
drain out.  The damp/warm cloth will "draw out" the pus.  Do this several
times a day to keep the area open otherwise it will tend to heal and then
stop the drainage.

I put my piggie on a towel on my lap and let him eat Romaine (or other
favorite food) while we went through this ordeal every day.

I hope this will work for you.

Jim.........Sassy Suzy, Ginger, and Olivia