[Gpdd] Misc: Kids and pigs

Jaime Lam lamfam at infoserve.net
Wed Apr 6 14:28:31 EDT 2005

Hi all,  I have been following the conversations about kids and pets with interest.  I grew up with a house full of pets: guineas, rabbits, skunks, dogs, cats, etc.  You name it - at one point I had it.  I now have 2 great kids who are continuing the tradition.  We have a house full of pets still!  4 lovely pigs (with babies arriving), dogs and fish. We also babysit the neighbours pets when they go away on vacations.  My kids have the same love for animals that I have and we are kindred spirits.  I have never thought about not having kids - I guess I grew up with the mentality that species breed and I would too (ancient thinking huh?).  Anyway, my point (and I do have one!) is that my kids and my animals are just lovely creatures that I live and share my life with. You can almost say that they are another choice of animal for me to look after (haha).  After pondering the discussions online about it, I came up with this:  If you don't feel the need to have children - don't!  It is the same thinking with animals.  If you don't want them - don't have them. You are a better person for following your heart and being true to yourself.  Anyway, that is my rambling for the day.
I have been enjoying everyone's posts and read them avidly every day.

Have a "wheeking good day".  (I get a chuckle out of that phrase)

Jaime (mom to Butterscotch, Darth Mall, Almond and Cola)