[Gpdd] MISC. Pig vs Children

LDoss44481 at aol.com LDoss44481 at aol.com
Wed Apr 6 15:06:02 EDT 2005

I read the GPDD everyday and annoy my co-workers with cute things.  I  missed
most of the posts on choices of children and pets. I have 3 sons. Two are
adults now.  I need my Guinea Pigs, I have a need to nurture, and  they as well
as all critters fill that need.  I grew up with pets in my  childhood, my Dad
loved animals too.  And by my having pets, I feel I  helped to teach my
children kindness and compassion.  They make our hearts  healthy too. So if you have
children enjoy them, they will soon grow bigger and  older.  I didn't "plan"
on having the boys, they just happened...well you  know.  So I guess I was
meant to.  My original choice was not to have  children.
    I dread the day that will come when one of my GPs  must cross the
Rainbow.  I'm getting choked up just thinking about  it.  My Dad always shielded me
from those times.  But I did  grieve.  My first piggy was named Honey. And
shortly after she passed (back  in the 60s) a song came out on the radio named
"Honey", by Bobby  Goldsbourogh?  I still cry when I hear it.  Last year my Rudy
became  ill, and I just happened to be sick from work at the same time,
coincidence huh.  One night I thought he was really bad so I phoned my Vet at home.
She told  me to bring him to her at her house, 30 miles away, it was a
blizzard out  here in Michigan too.  When I got him there she said he wasn't as bad
as I  made him sound.  He recovered completely, and I returned to work,
because I  was better too.
    One day at the local pet supply store, a lady came  up to me while I was
selecting Timmy Hay, like other people would select a  cantaloupe or tomatoes.
 She asked me to show her how to select a fresh  bag.  I'm very picky, a
Timmy Hay connoisseur if you will.
I'd better end this or they will never let me post again.

Lots O' Love to all of our Babies......
Linda, slave to, Rudy, Rosie & Spanky