[Gpdd] MISC. - spring at last

ROYCE LARSON COTTON_COWBOYS at msn.com
Wed Apr 6 15:36:39 EDT 2005

     I've just barely been keeping up on reading my GPDDs lately so haven't had time to write. We've been spending a couple weekends visiting grown children and their families. Spring is finally coming to northern Minnesota! We still have big piles of snow but only where they accumulated from plowing. The grass is dead brown and no robins yet but I'm hopeful. Bud and I are looking forward to fresh spring grass.
     I know that in the spring you have to be careful getting horses used to grass or they can colic. Do guinea pigs have to have it gradually introduced in to their spring diet or are they good to go?

     Also I think I've read a couple postings that seemed to refer to Bud, talking about a good looking gp. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and, even more than that, it isn't important in a guinea pig any more than it is important in a person!!! Having said that, I have to say that Bud is the cutest and most unique piggy I have seen, even after looking at so many pictures. (Aren't you all laughing because you think exactly the same thing about your own piggies?) And the best part is that his personality fits his looks. He's just as sweet as he can be.
     I haven't seen any other 'checkerboard' guinea pigs in pictures. Do any of you have one? He is such a neat combo of black, white and red, all laid out in a checkerboard pattern. His belly is almost perfectly checked and the top is neat, too. Even his lower lip is checked, half black and half white (pink). His all black head gives him a handsome look.

     Mothers will brag!!! I don't carry pictures of him in my wallet yet but I probably will soon.

Carla and Handsome Bud