[Gpdd] Re: Health - Safe Shampoo

Donna Lenz dlenz at us.ibm.com
Thu Apr 7 12:28:52 EDT 2005

Lydia,

After checking the ingrediants on Buddy Wash - I would be very careful
using it.  It's a dog shampoo - not even recommended for cats/kittens.

I made the mistake of using a Natural Flea shampoo on Dusty once - it was
recommended for kittens, and the pet store recommended it.  It turned out
that she was part Albino - even though she was beige/gold.  Her fur fell
out in several places and she developed huge lesions. Poor baby was sore -
and on meds for two weeks. Very sad lesson learned - don't ask the pet
store employees.

What is very safe for pigs is Bunny Bath, and Selson Blue shampoo with
aloe.  I've used Selsun Blue for forever now, and the piggys smell so good
and are so fluffy! Dr Quesenberry from the AMC in NY recommends these - and
she is the top Exotic Vet in the US.  She's wonderful with pigs!

I'm not sure why you said Bunnys shouldn't get a bath?  They can also be
bathed when dirty, and some love water.  My Maltie had his own swimming
pool, and he loved to swim when it was hot.  My bunny Twinkle gets a bath
when she gets dirty.

Donna & the 6 Wheeking Wonders of the World